Sunday, March 23, 2014

(Warning!) Addictive One-step Green Hummus

I used to laugh at folks making a big scene about coffee addiction, until I started to get headaches in Asia without it. I realized I was having five mugs (not cups) of coffee a day, finding it soothing to have a cup of joe in my hand. I sort of sensed it was not a good thing but simply could not stop.  Finally, I decided to give it up for two weeks during Christmas break for a change. The first couple days were TOUGH. I was never aware how MUCH I was relying on those cup of dark liquids that pulled me through numerous papers and assignments in college, and warmed my spirit and soul through many winter days. I have given it up almost completely now, except for the occasional treat of a foamy cappuccino.

Last weekend, I found myself in the very same situation: I was UNABLE to stop eating the green hummus made for St. Patrick's Day gathering. Danger! Danger!! Lights started flashing. I was glad that our guests were willing to take some home, so that I was not exposed to long term seduction. Though on a second thought, it easy quite healthy and easy enough to make, so...

Green Hummus with Almond Butter and Edamame
serves 6
  • 1 can chickpea
  • 1 cup frozen edamame
  • 1 cup fresh spinach
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 cup almond butter
  • 5 large cloves of garlic
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • freshly grounded pepper to taste
  1. Combine everything in a food processor and blend till smooth.
  2. Enjoy!

It was so fragrant that it was literally HARD to stop eating it. We went through two whole cups within one afternoon. Now that I am updating the post, maybe I have found a snack solution to tomorrow's Dungeons & Dragons gathering... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin